The project for the reconstruction of the regional heritage building that is the venue for Spartak rowing club was completed at the end of 2017. The building that has survived to the present day has changed its appearance and purpose seven times during 200 years.
The first pavilion there - called "The Lodge on the Kamenny Island at fishing place" - was built in 1810 by the architect G.P. Pilnikov. The state-owned fishing place was used for fishing in the park, and the erected building became a place for entertainment. In 1863 a French native F. Fevre started a restaurant here. Architect V. Iogansen arranged a two-story wooden building around stone pavilion. And the original building became the basis for a new structure.
From 1894 to 1917 the building was owned by a hereditary St. Petersburg restaurateur A.M. Cubat and his restaurant "Belle Vue" ("Beautiful View") was a famous place in the city. After the October Revolution of 1917 the wooden outbuildings were dismantled for firewood, and the surviving stone frame of the building in 1928 passed to the sports club of trade unions. Since 1936 the building was occupied by the ski-rowing base of Spartak voluntary sports society.
The classic architectural style of the reconstructed building was highlighted with the lighting project implemented by IntiLED jointly with Svettorg in December 2017.
The main task was to create an organic ensemble of the club building and its surroundings in the evening and at night. Besides the lighting of the complex should not have affected the night illumination of the driveway. Warm white light was chosen for all equipment, which is in harmony with the yellow color of the facade of the building and does not distract the drivers.
Dimmable light fixtures of the IntiSLIM series 60 or 120 cm long with oval optics of 45x18° are used for flood lighting of the upper cornices and window openings of the rowing club. The equipment has anti-glare curtains that help to direct light and avoid the glare effect. IntiLINE luminaires with narrow optics of 10° are used for vertical illumination of pilasters. They are installed directly under the cornice of the building and are not visible on the facade.
Directed from the bottom to the top beams of light from 10-degree spot luminaires of IntiSTARK series add extra harmony to the pilasters and highlight the delicate windows divided glazing. Two dimmable lamps of IntiTWIN series with 34° optics bring focus on the main ladder of the rowing club.
16 dug-in spot luminaires of IntiGROUND series, also warm white, are used to guide visitors to the entrance group.Svettorg company
completed the delivery and installation of equipment.